POSTED JUNE, 2, 2021
Duke University Job Description:
MANAGER, FINANCE (1234)
Provide overall strategic vision and management of various business and project controls functions including finance, accounting, budget, change management, space, work order accounting, inventory management, contract administration and charge services; monitor overall compliance with University and Health Systems financial and contracting policies and procedures.
Manage and coordinate business and operational activities to include budget preparation, short and long range forecasting, fiscal control, payroll data, and accounting records for Duke University and DUHS.
Determine fiscal requirements, make budget projections and prepare departmental budgets; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds; prepare financial statements reflecting status of programs and activities; ensure compliance with University and DUHS policies and procedures.
Responsible for maintaining the daily accuracy of financial and capital forecast data in our project management information system.
Provide centralized project status reporting including the use of key performance indicators to forewarn of problems and to measure progress.
Ensures identification, logging and resolution of critical problems, tasks and decisions.
Identify and develop action plans and metrics to improve processes and workflows related to project controls, finance and accounting.
Ensure development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures and best practices to support all operations and ensure compliance with financial and project controls.
Serve as department liaison with administrative and professional personnel concerning University and DUHS policies and procedures, budget preparation and process, and fiscal control.
Review invoices and statements and approve payments; supervise maintenance of and conduct checks on accounting records and documents to ensure accuracy and adequacy of information.
Maintain interface with University Central Accounting Office to resolve any problems related to financial ledgers.
Maintain checks on financial expenditures and prudent utilization of resources; make recommendations for improving services and reducing cost in all business operations to include developing improved procedures for cost reduction.
Coordinate with all DUHS and University departments supported by department regarding budgetary issues; coordinate with departmental leadership the preparation of annual facilities capital plan.
Prepare reports and analyses to include financial reports setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
Supervise various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and scheduling time off for financial staff.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field.
Work requires a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in administrative management, including five years of financial management experience in a complex matrix organization.
A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field may substitute for two years of required experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of GAP procedures, project management/controls and functional experience with a PMIS. Ability to proactively recognize and solve problems. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to train and develop personnel.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
POSTED MAY 6, 2021
Manager – Service Leader – Atrium Health
Carolinas Medical Center – Charlotte, NC
This position is located at Carolinas Medical Center
Apply today at the Atrium Health Careers Website.
Works under the general administrative direction of the Director or Manager of Plant Operations and Maintenance. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of Maintenance personnel. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of personnel to provide effective operations and upkeep of equipment. Works within facilities in accordance with policies, procedures, standards, and practices set by the System and other authorities having jurisdiction.
· Supervises and directs mechanics and craft/trade shop activities. Implements the maintenance program to accomplish departmental goals, objectives, and standards of work performance within multiple buildings, structures, and associated property.
· Develops, implements, and directs a preventive and corrective maintenance program to ensure efficient operation at the facilities within the designated area of responsibility.
· Plans, develops, and participates in ongoing departmental training and orientation programs in the repair and maintenance of equipment; evaluates the effectiveness of all programs and adjusts or modifies as necessary.
· Provides for the inventory and the storage of materials, parts, and equipment; completes material requisitions and maintains adequate, conservative supply levels.
· selects and coordinates all maintenance service contractors. Ensures that contractual provisions and schedules are met; communicates schedule changes and identifies problems to the appropriate responsible personnel. Reviews and assures that contracts satisfy the policies and procedures established at the System.
· Supervises and directs assigned staff. Interviews and hires new teammates. Evaluates work performance, performs counseling, and delivers disciplinary actions and terminations as needed.
· Assists in preparing the departmental annual operating and capital budgets to include personnel, equipment, materials, and supply needs; monitors budget after adoption; develops budgets in concert with and for the approval of the Director.
· Prepares statistical and operating reports, audits, and payroll reporting procedures.
· Thorough knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedure generally accepted as Plant Operations.
Primary work performed within typical office environment. Must be mobile within all buildings, floors and grounds of the System facilities. Prolonged sitting/desk work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred or continued education in technical or academic field. 5 years supervisory experience, preferably in a hospital environment.
POSTED APRIL 1, 2021
WAKE HEALTH | Winston Salem
Interior Designer/Project Manager
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Plans, develops and manages capital interior finish, furniture and lesser magnitude office and outpatient clinic improvements for the Medical Center. Responsible for design, budgeting, scheduling, construction management, occupancy, and project close-out for assigned capital interior finish, furniture and lesser magnitude office and outpatient clinical improvement projects. Works with Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager, faculty and staff to develop plans that become successful capital projects. In conjunction with other Medical Center support services, is responsible for specific projects from conception through completion and close out. Works under the Senior Interior Designer’s lead to ensure all interior design services and interior finish and furniture standards are being met. Organizes a project team with both internal and external resources and oversees/manages those resources to ensure project completion and success.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Defines scope and project details for assigned projects, while also conferring with management to discuss possible operational solutions in lieu of construction.
2. In conjunction with other Medical Center support services, responsible for specific projects from conception through completion and close out. Works under the Senior Interior Designer?s lead to ensure all interior design services and interior finish and furniture standards are being met.
3. Assures project plan adheres to relevant building codes and The Joint Commission standards.
4. Organizes project team with both internal (WFBMC and affiliated) and external resources such as architects, engineers, vendors, interior design consultants, and contractors.
5. Oversees, communicates, and manages a project plan with the input of user department managers and end users, as well as collaborates with Compliance, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Services, Infection Prevention, Information Technology Services, Risk Management and Security.
6. Monitors and manages project costs and progress, reporting on the project budget and schedule, assuring that the Medical Center receives prudent and competitive pricing for the capital investments.
7. Utilizes departmental and WFBMC capital management tools including the Facilities Planning Project List, Strata Jazz Capital Management, Construction Risk Assessment submittal process, and PeopleSoft modules for purchasing and accounts payable.
8. Obtains signed agreements with contractors and consultants, coordinating with WFBMC Legal Department and executive leadership as required.
9. Conducts periodic inspections of construction job sites and coordinates with Engineering and the contractor to mitigate project conflicts that impact the outcome of the project budget and or schedule.
10. Coordinates scheduled work between the General Contractor and Owner's vendors, sub-contractors, furniture dealerships and consultants.
11. Maintains up-to-date reference library for Interior Design Services use.
12. Ensures that the safety and infection prevention of patients, visitors and staff are maintained at all times.
13. Adheres to the general Medical Center standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157
work: 336-716- 5390| mobile: 336-829-0681 * firstname.lastname@example.org
A Mission To Care. A Mission To Cure.
POSTED MARCH 25, 2021
Wayne UNC Health Care has built a reputation for changing lives for the better with advanced technologies and innovative treatments. Along the way, we've enhanced countless careers with superior resources for training and development. Located in Goldsboro NC, we offer an ideal environment for personal and professional satisfaction. Within close proximity to beaches and mountains, our state-of-the-art facility is a short drive to major metropolitan areas. If you're ready for a positive change, join us as:
Manager of Facilities
$5,000 sign-on bonus with 2-year commitment
Wayne UNC Health Care
Goldsboro, North Carolina
The natural leader we select will be responsible for the general maintenance of the building aesthetic and general operating features, including but not limited to floors, walls, casework, doors, frames, ceilings, and lights. In addition, this professional will manage such general-purpose projects as mounting fixtures; as well as assembling, removing, relocation, and first-response facility troubleshooting at off-campus facilities. Responsibilities include the following:
We offer a competitive salary and such generous benefits as paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, employee assistance program, and a retirement plan. Wayne UNC Health Care also provides a friendly work environment and the flexibility to promote work/life balance.
To apply, visit www.wayneunc.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
POSTED MARCH 11, 2021
Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge
Maintenance Director FEATURED
Mon-Fri with some weekend and after hours if need
JOB SUMMARY: Administers and directs a program of Plant Operations and Grounds Management for CHS Blue Ridge facilities. Ensures that safe and comfortable environment is maintained for patients, staff, and visitors. Manages the procurement of utilities services to ensure continuous operations at all CHS Blue facilities. Oversees the management and operations of physical plant as safely and efficiently as possible. Serves as the Safety Officer and as Chairman of the Environment of Care Committee. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in in management, or mechanical or electrical with IO experience required. Certification as a Certified Plant Maintenance Manager or Certified Plant Engineer is required. CPI training annually.
Experience: 10 years direct management experience of Plant Operations and Maintenance operations.
Other: Thorough knowledge of principles, methods, practices and procedures generally accepted as Plant Operation. Experienced in supervision and management techniques and ability to execute mental or physical tasks needed to perform the job.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires full range of body motion including bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires lifting a minimum of 35 pounds. Functional vision and hearing.
Carolinas HealthCare Blue Ridge is a not-for-profit community healthcare system, providing advanced healthcare and wellness services from more than 35 locations across a three-county region of Western North Carolina. The services includes a 315 bed acute care hospital located on two campuses (Morganton and Valdese). Phifer Wellness Center, multiple physician practices; urgent care, three express cares, and Grace Ridge Retirement Community. Our medical technology is state-of-the art. Our facilities are modern, attractive and convenient. Our key services reflect the community’s most widespread medical issues: heart disease, cancer, digestive diseases, bone and joint disease, diabetes and women’s health. We are the second largest employer in Burke County.
POSTED FEB 10, 2020
UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill, NC – Plumbing Maintenance Supervisor
The Plumbing Maintenance Supervisor develops, plans, implements and completes maintenance programs and projects at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill related to water/waste/vent systems, medical gas systems, fire pump/suppression/sprinkler systems and steam/condensate systems. This position ensures the compliance of these systems with local, state and federal codes and standards.
High School diploma or GED. Ten (10) years of progressive experience in performing the full range of journeyman level tasks associated with plumbing work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a N.C. Master Plumbing license. Also requires within two years of hiring the following additional licenses and certifications: (1) Certified to maintain Medical Gas, (2) Limited Fire Sprinkler Maintenance License, and (3) Certified in Cross Connection (backflows).
POSTED FEB 4, 2020
UNC Health Care, Chapel hill - Electrical Engineering Manager
Responsibilities, as an Electrical Engineering Manager, are:
Overall management of the Electrical System Operations & Maintenance within a healthcare environment.
Plan, organize, and control functions and activities of Preventative Maintenance, Federal and State Regulatory Compliance, recommend replace or/renovation and services under the scope of the contract.
•Reviews and evaluates existing preventative maintenance programs, services, policies and procedures per NFPA or manufacturer recommendations or by alternate maintenance program
•Manages and insures compliance with the Joint Commission, State Health Department and other regulatory requirements.
•Prepares and manages annual budgets, including utilities energy savings program
•Meets with leadership, supervisory staff, contractors, architects, and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures
•Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations
•Monitors work performance and prepares and/or reviews performance evaluations for assigned personnel. Interviews applicants and recommends qualified individuals for hire
•Advises on changes, additions and/or modifications to Electrical System. Reviews, evaluates, and recommends approval of plans for construction
•Interviews independent contractors to receive and analyze bids, including blueprint analysis of proposed changes. Recommendations to administration for consideration. Negotiates with outside vendors for preferred agreements
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field. Six (6) years advanced experience in system design, maintenance and operations, project engineering, and/or construction administration in institutional, commercial, or industrial buildings. An advanced technology degree may be substituted for no more than one year of the total additional experience required.
A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is highly preferred
Copyright © 2018 NCHEA - All Rights Reserved.